In this section, we will discuss healthy living in Texas. Sadly, Texas has the worst healthcare system in the country, which may account for 90% of residents developing at least one chronic condition before they reach 65.
Five Ways to Improve Your Health in Texas
In this section, we will discuss healthy living in Texas.
Sadly, Texas has the worst healthcare system in the country, which may account for 90% of residents developing at least one chronic condition before they reach 65.
Fortunately, there are better lifestyle choices, so we should bounce right in to figure out how.
1. Engage in Physical Activity
Unfortunately, obesity, which affects more than one-third of Texas residents, is one of the most significant health issues. Although exercise is a great way to lose weight and lessen the long-term effects of obesity on the body, it is not the only reason to be active.
Physical activity has a significant impact on a person’s overall health, and if you exercise for the recommended two and a half hours each week, the following things occur:
- Strengthening your heart lowers your risk of heart disease, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
- You burn excess sugar, lowering your risk of metabolic syndromes, thyroid dysfunction, and type 2 diabetes.
- Strengthening your bones and muscles lowers your risk of fractures, weak joints, arthritis, and muscle wasting.
- Additionally, if you exercise to improve your overall health, you lower your risk of developing a variety of cancers.
2. Develop healthier eating habits
Poor eating habits and unhealthy foods can significantly impact your health. Unfortunately, many people eat poorly because they are unaware of how many common ingredients are bad for you.
Avoid these to eat healthier:
- Energy drinks, spaghetti sauce, candy, and anything marked “low-fat” or “sugar-free” contain artificial or added sugar.
- Apple sauce, relish, canned fruit, and ketchup are foods containing high fructose syrup.
- Things with MSG, like pizza, potato chips, frozen dinners, and broth.
- Ice cream, coffee creamer, and cottage cheese are all made with carrageenan.
- Jams, pickles, condiments, and fruit juice are examples of foods containing sodium benzoate.
- Fruity candies, flavored instant oatmeal, and sports drinks are products containing artificial flavoring.
- Healthy eating strengthens every vital organ, maintains a healthy weight, and strengthens your immune system.
3. Treatment for mental health issues
Depression, anxiety, psychotic disorders, and eating disorders are common mental health issues in Texas. Although mental health is important on its own, not many people know that mental health impacts physical health.
Negative mental attitudes and untreated mental health conditions have been linked to the emergence of:
- cardiovascular disease
These mental health conditions can help alleviate psychological suffering while protecting the body from potential harm.
Consider talking to your doctor, taking up a relaxing hobby, going outside, or getting together with
other people if you think your mental health could improve or if you have a mental illness. Also you can take marijuana if you are having some health issues. If you are not a resident you can always apply for medical marijuana card to get the dosage in the right proportion.
4. Benefits of Medical Marijuana
There are numerous ways medical marijuana can significantly improve a Texan’s health. Compared to the rest of the nation, only about one-sixth of adults in Texas use tobacco.
- Smoking weed is a superb option in contrast to smoking cigarettes since it’s sensationally more sound and improves at lessening pressure. In comparison to the other benefits it offers, cannabis’ ability to assist smokers in quitting tobacco is a minor benefit.
- Cannabis is a healthier alternative to numerous toxic drugs that can harm the body for life.
- Cannabis relieves chronic pain, anxiety, nausea, depression, cognitive degeneration, and other conditions by activating the body’s natural endocannabinoid system, which maintains homeostasis (equilibrium, peace, and stability).
- Marijuana suppresses growth development and kills disease cells.
- In patients with diseases like multiple sclerosis, cannabis restores mobility and stops immune cells from changing.
There are numerous other excellent advantages marijuana provides, not just these five. To obtain a Texas medical marijuana card and use cannabis to prevent or treat illness, visit Dr. Weedy.
5. Get More Sleep
On average, 35 percent of Texans do not get the seven hours of sleep that are considered to be necessary for an average adult.
Getting sufficient rest is indispensable to an individual’s well-being since that is the point at which the body does most of its essential well-being support:
- A healthy immune system requires the production of cytokines responsible for healing any damage, eliminating toxins, strengthening, growing, regulating stress, and burning fat.
- A prolonged lack of sleep can weaken the heart, brain, immune system, metabolism, and other systems.
- Take melatonin
- use aromatherapy
- limit screen time before bed
- change your work or sleep schedule, or get your energy out during the day if you struggle to get enough sleep.
In conclusion, Texans are not as healthy as they could be, just like many other states. Fortunately, the Lone Star State has a lot of ways to make your life healthier. You can essentially work on their well-being by getting active work, practicing good eating habits, dealing with their emotional well-being, utilizing pot, and getting a lot of rest.